Re: Something OLD, Something NEW

Hello,

A couple of questions here:

If the big guns are raising the AGC a lot (let's assume LEILA is off),
then the passband noise would be suppressed, right?

Also, if nobody is working the transponder, then the satellite's gain
will be cranked up all the way, and it will be re-transmitting
nothing but passband noise at full power, right?

I guess you have to listen for the passband noise when the AGC is
at a "typical" value during normal operation.

Doug
NA1DB