Re: Downlink sensistivity, preamps and attenuators, LEILA

Good point there.  Has anyone actually been able to notice the transponder
background noise level?  I would think that you would need a
pretty good system to do this.  I couldn't notice any difference
with my small helix.

I guess you could also check the noise level by QSYing a couple
hundred kHz, out of the transponder passband.  (Assuming that the
gain of your system does not vary over that frequency range).

Doug
NA1DB