Preamps, NF and Bandwith, the dilemma..

Hi

I would like some advice from anyone here experienced in weaksignal
satellite work.

I'm about to buy or build this all-important preamp, but there is a choice
to be made:

Narrowband or Wideband.

I would like to use my wideband receiver, an AR5000, as the downlink from
AO-40.
But then again, this receiver is capable of a lot more than that (10Khz to
2.6Ghz), so the thought springs to mind that i might buy a wideband preamp,
to be able to listen to other interesting signals above 30Mhz.

My question:

How much, if any, degradation is my reception of 2401Mhz likely to suffer,
if i choose this wideband preamp, rather than a narrowband one.
This of course assumes that specs of the two candidates are roughly the
same, that means NF and Gain.

I know that local conditions are hard to guess about, but are there any
fundamental rules regarding this that i should be aware of?

I can get a narrowband DB6NT for 248DM, but the wideband brother of it
would increase the utility of the RX immensely :-)

73 de OZ1LRG