Re: Voice Pass School contact

Hi Rick,

That was Jim Voss talking with students from Parkway Central High School
here about two miles north of my QTH in the St. Louis metro area.  N0PFF,
Mike Koenig,  Bill Coby WB0MWG and I were the worker bees.  We had 20
questions asked and 19 answers from Jim.

All three major networks were represented as well as several newspapers
including the St. Louis Post Dispatch.  We had a phone patch to the local
146.85 repeater and another to MSNBCi carrying two way audio of the event.
I think MSNBCi will have the contact archived on their site.  The local CBS
affiliat carried good coverage on the noon news.  The NBC one did also, but
I have not seen it yet.  AMSAT logos were displayed as were the ARRL and
ARRIS ones.  In the area, other amateurs took HTs to work or other schools
and let associates listen to the broadcast over the 146.85 repeater.

All in all, after a five year wait, it went off very well.  Kids were
grinning from ear to ear.  A good time was had by all.

--
73, Roy -- W0SL

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org