TranSystem modes

Hi all,
    Over the last few months there have been lots of notes about various
mods for the TranSystem downconverters.  Now that many people have had
the chance to play with these downconverters and see how well the
various mods work, I ask this question.  Currently I am running a
totally stock downconverter and plan on leaving the IF alone (I'm using
it with a PCR-1000 receiver).  What mods should I do to this
downconverter?  Is there a compelling reason to move the IF?  I am going
to have the antenna and downconverter down off the roof this weekend to
replace the feed I'm using so it would be a good time to do any mods to
it as well.
    On a somewhat related note, I had planned on replacing the feed last
weekend and writing up in detail on what I learned about feeding a
PrimeStar 2 x 3 foot dish.  Well, last weekend got lost due to Mother's
day and parental responsibilities, so I will be doing all that this
weekend.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org