Lookinf=g for an "elmer"!

Hello folks,

I have been a ham since the mid 1950's but am just getting into amateur
satellites.  Is there anyone in the western (I live in Roselle) or northwest
suburbs of the Chicago area who can help me work through the basics?  I guess
a demo of an operating station would be helpful.  Over the years I have
helped many new hams get going on CW and SSB and now as an "old geezer",  I
could use a few hints myself.

Milan  K9HDX