LEILA Questions (was Orbit 250 apogee)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen M. King" <frastephen@home.com>
To: "Estes Wayne-W10191" <W10191@motorola.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 1:27 PM
Subject: LEILA Questions (was Orbit 250 apogee)

> From: "Estes Wayne-W10191" <W10191@motorola.com>
> > 3. It appears that people uplinking on 23cm can get MUCH stronger
> downlinks
> > (than people uplinking on 70 cm) without triggering the LEILA siren
tone.
> > I'm not sure it's reasonable for LEILA to completely eliminate AGC on
the
> > 70cm uplink because that doesn't permit decent downlink signal strength.

 According to the IF Matrix telemtry from Orbit #249 the L band uplink was
 not being matrixed (is that a word? HI) through LEILA.  If memory serves me
 right that is the way it has been since LEILA was turned on ...

 What effect would that have then on the overall S downlink if L band
 stations were hitting the transponder hard and U band stations were being
 controlled by LEILA?

  In this scenario would the un-LEILA-ed L stations overwhelm the U
stations?

 Can U and L be matrixed to LEI-1 at the same time?  Is that why there are
 LEI-1 and LEI-2?

 Thanks in advance to who ever can take a crack at answering these
questions!

 Peace & 73,
 Stephen
 W3SMK