Re: Drake 2880 Problem with AO-40 ???

I'm using the Drake 2880 with the IF mods and able to
receive the beacon with no problems.  I'm using the Bob
Meyer's Barbecue grill antenna along with it.  I'm using
100 feet of RG-6 into a 2 meter converter...the converter
feeds my ICOM 756 PRO.

I am thinking of adding a preamp though as signals are
S-2 to S-5 or S-6.

I had to look for the beacon the first few times, and thought
I wasn't hearing it, but after careful tuning and pointing of
the dish I can usually hear it, even out to 60,000 k.

good luck,

de Bill, N4DH