AO-40 visual magnitude?

Dear friends,

I have acquired a Meade 8" LX-200 telescope which can be computer
controlled.  I was thinking about trying to see AO-40 but I don't know
whether this is possible.  Could someone point me to a formula for
approximating a satellite's visual magnitude?

W9IP
--
Michael R. Owen, Ph.D.                      Dept. of Geology
Northern Lights Software Associates         St. Lawrence University