Re: Yeasu 736-R Question

>Please be careful not to change transmit modes while d/c is on! The other
night
>I was changing band by pushing the band button and it threw a spike up the 2
>mtr.
>coax. Sounds really strange, but I guess anything is possible.
>Steve / KB8VAO

Pity there aren't any circulators/isolators for 2m .. this would be just
the application for an isolator .. downconverter sees in the input of the
radio, radio sees a 50 ohm dummy load.  If the IF was on 432, an isolator
would be a little more feasible, but for this application I don't think
it's possible.  Something to think about though ..

         Bruce Bostwick  mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu