Re: PC Doppler control with Station, Radiodrv & Icoms.

>Can anyone clue me in on the trick to get Station to work with later model
>Icoms?  I've found that it works great controlling my R7000 for listening to
>beacons, and I've tricked into controlling my 706iig by selecting the
>address for a 746, and putting that address into the 706.  Any go I've had
>at making it control the 910h make the program "spit chips", tells me that
>it can't read the radio and closes down!  Does Station recognise a radio by
>it's address, and use certain commands that would be specific to that radio
>(even thou most Icom commands are common)?  Any nudges in the right
>direction accepted.

You know, in a perfect world, there'd be a "Generic Icom" selection that
might not give you full functionality but would at least work in a minimal
way .. I'm not familiar with the command language Icom uses, and it may not
be possible to do that the way they have it engineered, but that would be
what I'd look for ..

         Bruce Bostwick  mailto:lihan@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu