Re: Antenna Separation

In a message dated 5/15/2001 10:54:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ky0dr@arrl.net writes:

> Hi folks.  What kind of separation is typically necessary for a pair of
> crossed yagis and a dish on the same az/el rotor?

I have a KLM 22C, KLM 40CX, Meyers 2.4 G dish, and Directive Systems 55 el
1269 loop yagi spaced on 12 feet of cross boom. No noticeable interaction,
but I'm using high end preamps with good third order intercept and helical
filtering. In practice, try to space as far as you can.....

A great place to read up on yagi stacking and the concepts of capture area
etc. is at Ian, G3SEK's site:

http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek/stacking/stack1.htm

Check out the rest of his site. http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek/ Good Info! I
highly recommend the VHF/UHF DX book.