Re: IC-910 9600

Jim White wrote:

> Guys,
> Anyone who has used the IC-910 for 9k6 data . . .
> Is receiving really as easy as hooking your TNC to pins 4 and 2 on the main
> band data socket?  Whith that hookup turning on/off the 9600 in the set
> menu has no effect on the eye pattern.  Does that option effect tx only?

I first must say that I don't own a IC910 , but thought I would reply
for those with ft847's with the same thought process , when you switch
from 1200 to 9600 baud it does not change the rx output , only the tx
input ( the ft847 has a seperate input for 9600 and 1200 ) .

So if the Icom has a seperate tx input for the different baud rates and
a single output for rx I would think that it may be the same .

hth

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544