Re: AO-40 This morning no copy?

"Mark L. Hammond" wrote:

> It's all about squint, I think.  Poor squint at MA230 gives poor down
> links.  I think we stand a better chance of hearing the bird before or at
> apogee than as it approaches perigee!!
>
> 73,

I have to agree , at least from an experience point of view , as I have
noticed that I have had better signals if any at all when the sat is way
out and can't hear anything when it is close in .....

Of course non of my observations are scientific in any way , I just turn
on the rig , armstrong the antenna in the indicated direction , tune
around and listen , and I have been surprised with what I can hear with
my if-mod'd drake and a 60cm dish with unknown type feed .

Now if I could just get a tx antenna up I might have some real fun ;^}

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544