Primestar dish + TranSystem

At 12:23 PM 5/15/2001, Mark L. Hammond wrote:
>I had fun with a an 18" Dish Network dish and 2'x3' Primestar dish, using
>a Transystem (moved to 144MHz, stub cut, thermistor added)--with and
>without the little metal reflector.
>
>I'll post some pictures...nothing like electrical tape and zip ties at 1am
>in the dark :)  Take home lesson?  The Primestar way out performed the 18"
>dish.  I'm not convinced the 18" dish will be good enough for me (lots of
>trees, etc) and the Transystem converter, unless the squint is excellent
>and the view is open.

Here are some pictures from last night:

http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/primestar1.JPG
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/primestar2.JPG
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/primestar3.JPG
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/primestar4.JPG
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/primestar5.JPG
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/primestar6.JPG
http://camel.campbell.edu/~hammond/ham/array/primestar7.JPG

It worked both with and without the little reflector.   I moved it around
manually...it worked pretty well even when taped right onto the arm ;-)

73,

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]