Re: HELP with calculating squint from alat/alon

Hy Pieter,

on 5/15/01 9:14 AM, Pieter Ibelings at rfspace@yahoo.com wrote:
> I am writting a program to control the antennas in my portable setup. I am
> having a little bit of problem calculating the squint angle. I have the
> following vectors available:
> 1. observer vector
> 2. satellite vector
> 3. observer to satellite vector
>
> What is the best way to use 1,2 and 3 with alat and alon to calculate
> squint? Any help would be appreciated.

4. Calculate current antenna bore site vector using satellite position,
   alat, alon, satellite inclination, mean anomaly and true anomaly.

   (See Radio Amateur's Satellite Handbook 13-2)

5. Squint angle is the angle in 3-space between antenna bore site and 3.

6. If vector (3) does not pass through earth (the satellite is visible to
   the observer) and the squint angle is less than half the satellite
   antenna beam width - then the observer is illuminated by the satellite
   antenna pattern.

Cheers,
Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
  www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com