Re: New Linear Satellite Handheld! (Maybe?)

on 5/14/01 8:05 PM, Bob Bruninga at bruninga@usna.edu wrote:

> I may have missinterpreted a rumor, but I think I heard that someone
> will be showing a TINY triband HT that includes an all mode general
> coverage receiver on the second band. WOW.

Kenwood is having a party Thursday night at one of the hotels in Dayton to
introduce a new radio.

I am wondering what it is.  Could this be it?

Or might it be a competitor to the FT-817.  I'd love to know since I plan on
buying an 817 as one of the first orders of the day Friday morning!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden