New Linear Satellite Handheld! (Maybe?)

Handheld Linear Satellite ops?

I may have missinterpreted a rumor, but I think I heard that someone
will be showing a TINY triband HT that includes an all mode general
coverage receiver on the second band. WOW.

THINK SATELLITES!

Linear Birds FO20,FO29,AO40*,RS13  you can operate handheld CW QSO
PACSATS      AO16,IO26,LO19*,WO18* you can operate soundcard digital

CAVEATS?
* May need an AMP and a handheld beam, but the guts are all there...
* I hope we can key the FM xmtr in CW...
* I hear it IS FULL DUPLEX which is a must for the birds...
* Although the HT tunes 100 KHz to 1300 MHz, you will need an Sband
downconverter on AO-40

**LO19 and WO18 are not active, but are they really dead? or could a
minimal DIGIEPATER only  KISS software be loaded so we can use them as
just simple digipeater transponder for live packet QSO's?

***Soundcard manchester uplink and 1200 baud PSK downlink software exists
for these birds, but is not yet ready for prime-time... sort of waiting
for the demand....

Just dreaming...?

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

ISS-APRS FAQ:       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/iss-faq.html