Re: Mode L uplink Question

> "Norman W Osborne VE3CJE" <nwosborne@home.com>
>  Wrote:
>  >I would like to know what others are using for 1.2 ghz ant for AO-40
>  uplink.

I'm using a Directive Systems 55 el 1269 loop yagi with 10 watts at the feed
point. I've been able to copy my downlink out as far as 55,000 km, but the
squint was less than favorable at the time. Arm chair copy beginning at about
40,000 km but once again squint played a role.

L band tests last week showed I was moving the AGC on the receiver ~ 2 dB at
36,000 km with ~ 10 degree squint.

My feeling is that when AO-40 is finally oriented towards us with minimal
squint, my 600 w erp linear uplink will be more than adequate. Don't forget
that the S downlink will also be stronger as well when squint is low. I don't
plan to change a thing at this time.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649