Myers' BBQ Grill

Further to my query regarding the short circuit at the connector.  I have
opened up the housing and discovered the reason for the short.   There is a
quarter wave stub at the centre of the dipole.   The centre of the coax is
soldered to one side of the dipole and the braid at the shorted end of the
stub.  Quite obviously this is a matching technique and the antenna should
be fine at RF.   I now have to seriously consider that a GasFet in  the
converter has died.
Thanks one and all for the responses to my original query.
73
Hilton Meyer  ZL2MN