Re: Mode L uplink Question

"Norman W Osborne VE3CJE" <nwosborne@home.com>
Wrote:
>I would like to know what others are using for 1.2 ghz ant for AO-40
uplink.

I am using a DEM 24 ele loop yagi, end mounted (cut for 1296 MHz) that I was
using on ATV.  I just stretched the reflector loops out a bit to get a
better match on 1269 MHz.  With 10W in the shack thru 15 feet of LDF4-50 and
3 feet of Superflex, I can get into AO-40 ok if the squint is good.  I found
that the 55 element is just way to big!

See-ya.

--VK2DAG-- QF56pn
Matt Hetherington