Mode L uplink Question

Message text written by "Norman W Osborne VE3CJE"

I would like to know what others are using for 1.2 ghz ant for AO-40
uplink.

73,
Norman<
        I've been using an 8' long loop yagi, designed for 1296, driven
through 50' of 3/4" hardline by a pair of 7289's in a homebrew
sliding-drawer cavity, throttled back to maybe 30-50 watts. The cavity is
driven by an M57762 brick from a transmit converter. All homebrew. An old
TS700 drives the converter.
        Works pretty good.

Ed Krome K9EK
EM79bf