Re: Looking for dish information

Bob,

Sorry to confuse.  I read your 1.2G but brain said 2.4G, so my comments
were about 2.4G requirements {oops}.  For 1.2G antenna, a dish would be
pretty large for your situation, so a helix or yagi is more reasonable.

I am going to use a loop-yagi for my 1.2G uplink [45-element, 20 dBi gain,
12-foot boom] and it is probably larger than needed [I am waiting for the
new DEM 144/1268 15w Tx converter].  I bought the loop-yagi with local use
in mind, as well.

A helix is fairly reasonable for size vs. gain and can be made from tubing
or electrical wire so may be easier for you to get in Korea.  Mode-LS is
certainly the apartment dwellers mode, I would think.  Be looking for you
on the bird.

Ed