Protecting Downconverter - Idea #2

Okay--I just realized that I forgot that the converter may still be in line
after the power is switched off. (At least I caught it myself)

Design # 2 includes a relay coax switch that in the OFF position has the
radio connected to the antenna and in the ON position has the converter in
line.
This relay would be switched, either directly or indirectly, when the power
is switched on to the converter.  The PTT line break would still be required
and
the break would occure when the converter is turned ON.

I think I'm closer to the solution now (maybe).

Mike Koenig
N0PFF