Aux Batteries Not Being Charged - And Why!

Someone commented that the aux batteries were not being charged, ... I
followed this up and this is the reply from the command stations:

73
Paul, VP9MU

Someone asked you about the auxiliary batteries.  They aren't
currently being charged because we turned off the trickle charging when they
were so warm.  It's not a power problem.

We're waiting for Karl to return from vacation to see if he wants them back
on continuous  trickle charge or just left disconnected.  They aren't being
used and may have a longer "shelf-life" if not charged.   That's what we
did with AO-13.