From: Bruce Paige [mailto:kk5do@arrl.net]
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2001 5:07 PM
To: Alan K. Adamson
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] RX setups for AO-40

i would have to say that there is no need to tell anyone you are s3, s4, s5
etc.
all signal reports should be your are 55, 57, 59 etc. that is the standard
method understood by all hams for their report.

i don't see why telling someone that they are s7 on my meter is any
different
from telling them that they are s7 minus s3 noise whichs is s2. the ticket
is
how strong their signal is to me, not how far over the noise they are. or am
missing something? aren't we reporting the other stations readabiltiy.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO                    Internet: kk5do@arrl.net
Houston, Texas                                  kk5do@amsat.org
AMSAT Awards Manager                            kk5do@amsatnet.com
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CST on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz
Visit SHOT http://www.clarc.org/shot