Amsat-UK 2.4G signal source kit

Hello All.

I have just sent the first batch of redesigned signals source kits to
Amsat-UK.

The original mini kits, which used a 96MHz crystal, were redesigned following
the BFY90 transistors being made obsolete.

The new signal source is completly different. It uses a 3rd overtone crystal,
a MAR3 amplifier and a pair of PIN diodes as a multiplier. The circuit
operates at 96.019kHz and generates a very strong marker around 2400.475.
This is at the top end of the AO-40 S1 transponder just below the engineerng
beacon. ( The 108th harmonic can also be heard on 10GHz)

The kits sent to A-UK are 'complete' and contain a double sided PCB crystal
and all the other components.

Cost is £15. - A proportion of this goes to Amsat.

Next week I'll be travelling to Washington and then Dayton. If anyone would
like me to pack some signal source kits or 8.8125 crystals for any remaining
Drakes out there, just let me know.

Circuit / details of the signal source are at:

www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk/source2.htm

73

David  G0MRF