Today's AO40 Pass

Hello,

At 1000Z I noticed that the S1 RUDAK-A frequency
was transmitting Pacsat-style BBS frames, indicating
an empty directory.  (Of course, there is no published
uplink frequency to send any messages to it...)

So that's one more thing that is known to work!

Right now the squint angle is only 8 degrees for me.
(The range is 57000 km.) I get perfect rock-steady reception
of the S1 beacon, but the S2 beacon has a single fairly deep fade
every 7 seconds.  I'm surprised that I am getting such fading
with the squint angle so low.   (Also, it looks
like they are spinning up the S/C again.)

Doug
NA1DB