Re: Cheap and simple marker generator for 2.4 GHz

Sorry folks , earlier when I mentioned that I had used my yaesu VX5r for
a signal generator , I failed to mention that I have modified it for out
of band operation and use it as my signal generator ( it does a real
nice job of that ) and when I was testing , I was transmitting on
400.225 to see a signal at 2401.350.

Anywho , this is one good reason to setup you rig for out of band use
and it can come in handy as a variable signal generator :)

Now granted it is not terribly stable , but it sure helped me figure out
that most of my problems so far in not hearing AO-40 has been antenna
pointing , and not having a tracking prog to tell me when I -could- hear
it :^p

So give it a try if you have one of the newer portables that may do this
and just do the math , and you should have good luck :)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS
AMSAT#26182 , K2 # 544