AO-40 this Friday morning

I just finished operating AO-40. The pass was most excellent. I started
copying telemetry at 62000 KM using a 2 foot dish. I missed the first packet
while tuning, after that I was able to copy over 210 good CRC packets in a
row. That says a lot about the quality of the downlink signal.
There seemed to be a lot of testing going on before the transponder was
fired up. Sometimes I would receive a good CRC and all of the status numbers
would go to 0. I am using Ao40rcv. I noticed that the MA readout was running
0.1 MA behind Instatrack.
The signals on the transponder were really good. Some of the station worked
where:

1. WD4FAB 56
2. JA0BBW 56
3. JH1GYE 56
4. VE3VC 56
5. VK2DAG 57+
6. JH1NPQ 55

Here is an MP3 file of the JH1NPQ QSO. This was not the loudest QSO. It took
me a while to realize that I should be running the recorder. There were MANY
interfering beeps throughout the pass. Some even seemend to be intentional.
I have some feedback on my signal toward the end because my ears were
hurting and I removed the headphones.

Best 73's
N4IP, Pieter

http://ozoni.com/n4ip/JH1NPQ.mp3