Re: Type N connectors question for the experts.

on 5/10/01 10:55 PM, Jim Shorney at jshorney@inebraska.com wrote:

> To me, the phrase 'like a PL-259' suggests that they are also
> vulnerable to the same problems as the PL-259.  Intuitively, it seems
> to me that the classic 'N' design is better from an engineering
> standpoint.  From an ease-of-use standpoint, it looks like lots of
> folks prefer the new gadgets for some reason (personally, I find
> classic N to be easier to install than a PL-259).  To each his own.

Not really.  PL-259's have no O-ring for sealing.  This baby still does.

The only place water or moisture could really get in is at the interface
between the coax and connector at the back end.  That is true for ANY kind
of connector though.......

73,

Jon
NA9D