From: owner-FieldOps@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-FieldOps@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Barry A. Baines
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 12:38 AM
To: Officers; FieldOps; BOD; AMSAT-BB
Subject: [fieldops] Additional Volunteers Needed to Assist at the AMSAT
Booth at Hamvention

On Sunday, April 29 I released an e-mail outlining AMSAT's activities at the
Dayton Hamvention.  Included in that overview was a request for volunteers
to help man the AMSAT booth.  I have received e-mails from a number of
individuals offering to assist.  However, given that we need to have about 6
people on hand at the AMSAT booth during the entire Hamvention, this
translates into 126 volunteer manhours required to fully staff during the
hours that the commerical exhibits are open.

AMSAT can use additional volunteers to serve for a ‘tour of duty’ at the
AMSAT booth during a portion of the Hamvention. Volunteers will help handle
the myriad of activities that typically occur at an AMSAT booth-handle
transaction, deal with memberships and renewals, answer questions, and serve
as a representative of AMSAT. Prior experience in representing AMSAT at
(any) hamfests is helpful but certainly not required.

If you're planning to help AMSAT at Hamvention this year and have ***NOT***
notified me
since the request was made on April 29, please let me know if you intend to
give us a hand during the Hamvention. Send me an e-mail (wd4asw@amsat.org)
and include the following:
1.  What hours are you willing to volunteer during each day that the
commercial exhibits are open?  The commercial exhibits are open Friday
0900-1800, Saturday 0800-1700, and Sunday 0800-1300. Please volunteer for
one-hour periods or multiples thereof.  If you can help at various times
during the Hamvention, please provide a prioritization as to which specified
periods are best for you.
2. Include your name, callsign, and e-mail address in your message.
3. Indicate any special skills that would be helpful, such as familiarity
with specific products available through AMSAT, particularly software such
as WISP and NOVA. While we are looking for volunteers to help with the
‘crush’ of normal exhibitor activities, it would be helpful to know who can
assist in software demonstrations or answer particular questions about
various aspects of our hobby during a particular shift.

Everyone who has helped at the AMSAT booth during past Hamventions have
certainly enjoyed themselves and provided a valuable service to AMSAT.  Many
of those who have volunteered in past years will be spending time at the
booth again this year.   AMSAT members who will be at Hamvention this year
and would like to contribute a few hours of their time to helping out will
find it very rewarding.  No prior experience is necessary...just a
willingness to help out.

If possible, please let me know by Friday evening, May 11 your schedule
preference so that I may get the work schedule released.  A tentative work
schedule is currently being developed and should be released by late Friday
evening, May 11 to those who have sent me an e-mail offering to volunteer.

Please note that setup of the booth will take place on Thursday, May 17.  If
you are available to help with booth setup please let me know.

See ya at Dayton!

73
Barry A. Baines, WD4ASW
VP-Field Operations
AMSAT-NA

----
Via the fieldops mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.