Re: opinions on FT817 & IC910 for satellites

Hi Jens. This is Yoshi.

At 2001/05/09 22:10:41 Jens Schmidt wrote:
> Power output may or may not be adequate for the over all needs,
> price looks good, but not quite enough to get two of them.

  Sure! two FT-817 will be expensive more than a IC-910H.

  When I returned to QRV on FO sat last Dec., I thought which should
I bought a new IC-910, or bargain saile FT-100 that conbined with my
FT-817. But when I went to local ham shop, there was a barfain IC-821
(20W domestic version of IC-821H) at about US$800! So I bought that.
  IC-821 does not have 1.2GHz features, but the price difference
between this IC-821 and new IC-910 was almost same as the 430-1.2G
upconverter's one. I did not want to wait a rollout of IC-910 (it had
said that will be on May...).

> At this stage I am leaning in the direction of the IC910H, but am not
> decided as yet.

  Do not you have any HF or VHF rigs now? If you have it already, There
is another way to use Xtal converter from U/SHF to VHF/HF. Maybe the
combine if FT-817 and small converter for HF rigs will be the cheepest
way Hi.

  73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP