AO-40 S band antennas

With all of the excitement of using the transponders, it's fun to look over
the pictures of AO-40's S band antennas:

http://www.rats.fi/suomi/amsat-oh/ant_shf/page_05.htm

http://www.rats.fi/suomi/amsat-oh/ant_shf/page_06.htm

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the S2 transmitter
uses the helix, while the S1 transmitter uses the dish.

Anyhow, it's fun to imagine that small helix pointing down at the earth,
letting us all enjoy AO-40 :-)

MANY thanks to the builders, too!  Check out the craftsmanship in those
antennas, etc.  Nice stuff.

73,

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]