Re: Transystems Modifications

Hi Wayne,

I had to read your post several times and draw myself a picture but I
finally got what you were saying and I agree with your analysis. I believe
that the stub attenuation is a factor at both 145 MHz. and at 123 MHz.. The
redunction in noise floor is most likely due to the increasing depth of the
notch from the stub. On my unit the notch max depth was at about 110 MHz IF.
Today I pulled out the second stock filter and replaced it with a Toko
filter from Digikey. A quick sweep with the signal generator confirmed
complete elimination of the image. Time to put it back on the dish and see
what I can see!

Howie
AB2S