Re: AMSAT support for Operation On Target on Sat., 7/21/2001!

I noticed from photos that during the ON-TARGET event, kids
use large mirrors a foot or more square.  I wonder if the crew of ISS
would be able to see such mirror flashes?  Its a very bright flash but the
crew is looking at a full sunlit earth as the backdrop.  Anyone know how
to calculate the visibility? from 500 miles away?

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob

ISS-APRS FAQ:       http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/iss-faq.html
PCsat Design        http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat.html
CUBESAT Designs     http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/cubesat.html