Re: Transystems Modifications

It's really a pity that all of these ISM filters have 2401 MHz
at the very edge of their passband.

I noticed that Johansen says that they can make filters for custom
frequencies.  Hopefully someday soon there will be enough demand
for 2401MHz filters that a batch can be made up.  Even if
they cost say 5X the price of the stock ones, it would be worth it.
I think that the DEM-style kits would be just as easy to build,
and a lot more compact, if they used these filters instead of
printed filters.

Also, these sorts of filters are all tiny so that they can fit
in PC cards and other small devices.  Maybe there are other
models out there that are larger, but with better performance?
(I.e. they have a different size/performance tradeoff.)

Doug
NA1DB