AO-40 % ALPHA

Got up early (7AM is early for me) and found the
bird right quick...Beacon was S-7 here at times.
Using the modified Drake (IF mods only).  Heard
K3XS with really strong signals.

In the midst of tuning, adjusting, etc. my FM 2 meter
receiver comes alive with a female voice, Susan Helms
on the Alpha Space Station...heard her call CQ and
I replied with signal report and that my QTH was Charlotte, NC
...turned out she was born here...we made it short, and I was glad
to see she was working lots of stations.

AO-40 bird still strong here but lots of QSB....well,
time for coffee.

de Bill N4DH
AMSAT # 32372
Charlotte, NC