Re: opinions on FT817 & IC910 for satellites

Hi Yoshi,
thanks for reply.
I am in the first instance aiming for AO40, with others as a benefit.
Your notes and a few others point out a few drawbacks, like the lack
of built in duplex and the need for software driven band tracking.
Power output may or may not be adequate for the over all needs,
price looks good, but not quite enough to get two of them.
At this stage I am leaning in the direction of the IC910H, but am not
decided as yet.
73    Jens    ZL2TJT