Re: Tracking interface for G-5500

On Sun, 6 May 2001, Bill Richarz wrote:

> Any other interfaces out there for the Yaesu G-5500 controller
> other than the KCT, homebrewed, kit or otherwise?

This is not the answer you are looking for, but to try to simplify
automatic Antenna tracking, I use a $20 (2 triacs and 2 optoisolators)
to any 24volt AC TV rotator.  Just plug into 2 bits on the parallel port
and you get automatic antenna tracking at low cost.

This is a low tech, low resolution method (it only tries to maintain
pointing within about 5 degrees), not suitable for an OSCAR class station,
but well good enough for all the low orbiting satellites.

see rotator/interface:   http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/rotator.html

see Tracking software:   ................................../astars.html
near the bottom of page...

de WB4APR, Bob