ka0yos wrong again! Phase / MA

It seems I was wrong again!  Yesterday, I explained to someone who asked a
very legitimate question that phase and MA were two ways to measure the same
thing.  I said phase was the orbit divided into 256 parts and MA was the
orbit divided into 360 parts.  Please disregard this misleading explanation.
It is not correct!

Phase and MA are the same.   Both are the orbit divided into 256 (0-255)
parts.  There is no conversion factor.  If the transponder is to be switched
on at MA 135 it is the same as being switched on at Phase 135.  I apologize
to anyone I confused or mislead.  I am also a little surprised no one
corrected me.

73,
Joe
ka0yos@amsat.org