L Band Uplink Experience - AO40

AO40 was really booming in here this morning in JO40 !!. Distance was appx
59,000 KM.

I uplinked on 70cm with appx 25W and 2x20 elements M2 and heard my signal
quite well.
My downconverter is a David Bowman Model from the UK (NF appx 1.5db).

I uplinked with 23cm with 40W and a 16turn helix and was not able to hear a
peep. I tried cw
as well but no luck.

For those of u who have had success in L band uplink (particular in SSB)
could u share with the group your ant & power setups ?

Many thanks & 73s de lawrence (DL1FLW ex DA1LA ex 9H3WR)