Mods of Drake2880 IF (Re: AO-40 this morning?)

Hello This is Yoshi.

At 2001/05/09 05:05:38 Bill Richarz wrote:
> I made the xtal and IF mod, plus I installed the two 22pF caps.

  This is a Note of it. Mr.Yoshida JI5MFZ made a deep investigation
of Drake2880 and hold a session at our JAMSAT annual meeting last
April about it.
  He said that we should put 22pF caps pararel only at the input
side of Green(Blue) IF coil (not at the IF outout side) because the
tip-cap. of the output sode is 1000pF so there is no effect to put
22pF at their.

               Additional
                    22pF      no need here.
                   +--C--+      |
                   |     |      V
     IF input -> --*-C1--*--L---C2------ -> IF output
                    (8p)      (1000pF)

          L : Green(Blue) IF coil.

  Or you can replace this C1 tip with 30pF new tip-cap.

  I alos did like this. I do not have any measurement equipments so please
somebody confirm this.

  Mr. Yoshida also suggest a new style of 2880 modification. His report
of 2880 mods will be on our next JAMSAT news letter. If possible, I will
try to translate it in English and will put it on website.

73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp