Re: looking for signal diodes

Hello this is Yoshi.

At 2001/05/09 11:30:14 Kevin J. Smith wrote:
> Is there a substitute diode I could use?
>
> http://plaza16.mbn.or.jp/~palau/images/mini-sg.jpg  1S1588 diode

  This 1S1588 is the most popular Si small-signal switching Diode for
multi-purpose. It cannot handle so much power but very easy to get
in Japan. Maybe any type of small signal Si switching Diode will be
replace this - likes as 1N4148. If you have some Si Di in your junk
box, please try it!
  I am using this nmini-sg with 50.01MHz 200mW input. It is working
fine.

> http://www.din.or.jp/~m-arai/sband/mod31e.htm 1SS85 diode

  1SS85 is the Hitachi 36V 0.1A RF switching Si Diode. It is about
40 JPY (0.35 US$) in any parts shop in Japan. It can handle little
bit more power than 1S1588 but not so much.
  I do not know what type or what maker will offer the same type of
this Diode in U.S. Could somebody check the datasheet?

  73 de Yoshi.

Yoshihiro Imaishi JF6BCC/KH2GR
GL:PM53JV, ex KC6IY(T88IY),V63BP
mailto:jf6bcc@jarl.com or jf6bcc@jamsat.or.jp