AO-40 Report

I finally got a chance to fire up the old rigs and went QRV on AO40.

 06:15 UTC 9 May 2001 MA 220

Beacons S8 & S5

FT-736 barefoot:
10 watts up on 1269 = S4 downlink  (35 element yagi up)
17 watts up on 435 = S5 downlink  (2 X 15 element yagi up)

Receive antenna is a Myers dish and the downconverter is a 1993 vintage DEM
SHF2400WP still kicking after all these years.

Thanks to DF4PV for my first contact on AO-40.

It's great to be back - thanks a million to the command team and everyone
who worked so hard on our new bird.

Jim, KK3K
AMSAT #22420

Jim Kelly