Re: AO40 downlink signal strength

>Doug Wrote:
>
>No , I am not sure where my antenna is pointed , unfortunately I am a
>loaner here and don't have any help , so its a little tricky to get

Doug... I tried forever to hear the beacon with no joy. Finally I set the receiver where the beacon "should" appear, and tweaked the antenna position by hand and Presto! There's the beacon.

Turns out my computer-controlled pointing was off by about 10 degrees or so.
Tweaking the dish position by hand did the trick.

--

Bill Howell
University of Texas at Austin