Re: AO40 downlink signal strength

>Doug Wrote:
>No , I am not sure where my antenna is pointed , unfortunately I am a
>loaner here and don't have any help , so its a little tricky to get

Doug... I tried forever to hear the beacon with no joy. Finally I set the receiver where the beacon "should" appear, and tweaked the antenna position by hand and Presto! There's the beacon.

Turns out my computer-controlled pointing was off by about 10 degrees or so.
Tweaking the dish position by hand did the trick.

Bill Howell
University of Texas at Austin
College of Fine Arts
Office of Computing Technologies