Re: AO-40 this morning?

In a message dated 5/8/2001 7:06:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, sford@arrl.org
writes:

> Did anyone copy AO-40 this morning (approx 1000-1100Z)? I was listening for
>  the S1 and S2 beacons, but heard nothing.

Hi Steve,

Sure did! I got into the shack at 1004 UTC, MA 138 and copied 94% good blocks
up to around MA 165. The 6% bad blocks were due to operator error in tuning.
(I was manually tuning).

I experimented this morning with two S band downlink radios running
simultaneously. One was copying telemetry and I was able to view it in
realtime with P3T. I used the other radio for QSO's.

The idea was to monitor U and L1 receiver AGC levels while uplinking. It
worked well and I will post a message about my findings later.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator