From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Richard W L Limebear
Sent: 05 May 2001 10:28
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Logo

Gang

>    I think they're looking for a photo realistic rendition of AO-40 in
> space with a gaping hole on one side and some parts hanging out of it. I
> don't have the link where you're supposed to send your entry, but it was a
> U.K. website.

No sir. We have no pre-requisites as to *what* the logo should look like;
artistic licence rules. web page is <http://www.uk.amsat.org/ao40logo.htm>

Personal comment:
For fun I had imagined starting with clipart of a half-open tin can and
then adding solar cells, antennas etc ... but I wouldn't expect it to win
in this serious competition; just collect a few laughs.

I also wondered about putting entries on the web page but there could be
good reasons not to do this. Anyway - votes via the -bb are *not* allowed.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188