Re: Transystems Modifications

Pieter Ibelings wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Yesterday I modified a Transystems downconverter by bypassing the input
> filter and installing a Murata 2.4 GHz filter at the second filter location.
> The results are really really good. The noise is lower and the selectivity
> is also greatly improved. The old filter configuration let the image in
> which would add 3 dB of noise to the converter. A picture of the
> modification is below:
>
> http://www.ozoni.com/n4ip/tsmod.jpg
>
> Other pictures at :
>
> http://www.ozoni.com/n4ip
>
> Now I am in the process of replacing the LO by a 282MHz TCXO x 8 multiplier.
>
> This thing will outperform my other homebrew converter if I am not careful
> :)

Man , you can sure bang things out fast pieter , took a look at your
helix/stepper motor movie , that was neat , though I am curious on the
transystems mod , is the new filter the little salmon colored cube to
the left of center in the pic' ?

I haven't gotten mine apart yet to look inside , so don't know what it
looks like un-modified ....

Thanks for sharing :)

--
Douglas Cole   N7BFS