Re: Helix design question

To get good circular performance out of a grid antenna, you would have to
cover the grill with a wire mesh. You can use the metal mesh used for window
screens or other type of fine mesh. I plan to cover my 3 foot grill with
this mesh, but not for circulat polarization. I plan to build a dual feed
for 1.2 and 2.4 GHz and the feed will have different polarities for both
bands. This is to minimize interactions and coupling. I have been getting
better performance out of a linear polarization feed (more signal and small
to no fading).

Pieter N4IP